‘Star Wars’ movie in 2022 will come from ‘Game of Thrones’ creators
© Reuters. FILE PHOTO: David Benioff and D.B. Weiss arrive for the premiere of the final season of “Game of Thrones” at Radio City Music Hall in New York
LOS ANGELES (Reuters) – After the Skywalker saga concludes in December, Walt Disney (NYSE:) Co’s next venture into the “Star Wars” galaxy will come from the creators of HBO’s global hit “Game of Thrones,” the company’s chief executive said on Tuesday.
Disney announced last week that it had scheduled “Star Wars” movies for December 2022, 2024 and 2026 but did not reveal any other details. Those will be the first “Star Wars” films after “Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker” in December 2019.
Speaking at an investor conference on Tuesday, Chief Executive Bob Iger confirmed that the 2022 film would come from David Benioff and D.B. Weiss, the creators of medieval fantasy series “Game of Thrones.” He did not provide any other details.
Disney has said the series will tell a story separate from the Skywalker saga that began with the original 1977 “Star Wars” film.
The company also has announced a separate “Star Wars” trilogy in the works by “Star Wars: The Last Jedi” director Rian Johnson. No release date has been unveiled.
Disclaimer: Fusion Media
would like to remind you that the data contained in this website is not necessarily real-time nor accurate. All CFDs (stocks, indexes, futures) and Forex prices are not provided by exchanges but rather by market makers, and so prices may not be accurate and may differ from the actual market price, meaning prices are indicative and not appropriate for trading purposes. Therefore Fusion Media doesn`t bear any responsibility for any trading losses you might incur as a result of using this data.
Fusion Media or anyone involved with Fusion Media will not accept any liability for loss or damage as a result of reliance on the information including data, quotes, charts and buy/sell signals contained within this website. Please be fully informed regarding the risks and costs associated with trading the financial markets, it is one of the riskiest investment forms possible.
Source : Reuters Link
Similar Posts from e-Radio.US
- May 15, 2019 Next ‘Star Wars’ Movie Will Be Directed By ‘Game of Thrones’ Creators Posted in Man
- May 14, 2019 The Next ‘Star Wars’ Movie Will Be From ‘Game of Thrones’ Showrunners David Benioff and D.B. Weiss Posted in Entertainment
- May 24, 2019 ‘Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic’ Movie in the Works from ‘Avatar’ EP Posted in Entertainment
- April 12, 2019 ‘Star Wars’ Movies Will Take a “Hiatus” After ‘Episode IX’, Says Bob Iger Posted in Entertainment
- March 28, 2019 Jim Jarmusch’s New Zombie Movie Will Star Bill Murray, RZA, and Everyone Cool Ever Posted in Free Time
- June 13, 2019 Star Wars Jedi Fallen Order Hands-On Impressions Posted in Entertainment
- June 13, 2019 How ‘Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order’ Channels ‘Dark Souls’ Posted in Science-Tech
- June 12, 2019 ‘Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker’ Had to Be Edited on Set Because of the Tight Schedule Posted in Entertainment